While owning any pet can provide a myriad of health benefits, there are some benefits that are specific to birman cats for sale. They can:
- Lower stress and anxiety. Cat owners know how one session of petting or playing with their cat can turn a bad day into a good one. Scientific evidence also shows that a cat’s purr can calm your nervous system and lower your blood pressure.
- Improve your cardiovascular health. Cat owners have been reported to carry a lower risk for heart disease and stroke.
- Prevent allergies. You always hear about cat hair being one of the most common allergens. However, if a child is exposed to cats within the first few years of life, they are more likely to develop an immune system that combats not only cat allergies but other kinds of allergens as well.
- Reduce feelings of loneliness. Cats make great companion animals. They offer an unconditional love that can be equal to (or sometimes even greater than) many human friends and confidants.
Having fun with your cat
One of the great benefits of owning a cat is that you don’t need much space to play and have fun together. Unlike large animals who need plenty of space to play fetch or run around, all you need with a cat is your living room and a little imagination. Beyond a ball of yarn, there are plenty of other ways to entertain and bond with a cat.
- Play hide and seek. An old childhood sleepover favorite can now become you and your fluff ball’s favorite pastime. Just hide a toy or an object that interests them under a blanket, and watch your cat scavenge.
- Blow bubbles. One of the greatest joys of cat ownership is their never waning interest in the ordinary. Blowing bubbles might seem like an activity you left back in the schoolyard, but your cat will be so taken with the floating balls of mystery, it could reignite your interest. Cats love to try to catch and pop the bubbles, just be sure to ALWAYS use a non-toxic bubble solution.
- Set up a food treasure hunt. Cats love the excitement of a challenge that keeps their minds sharp—and their stomachs full! Place treats in hard-to-reach spots in your home and watch as your cat works to retrieve them. Cats are so agile you even can set up obstacles for them to navigate. It might even inspire you to be more active!
- Use an app. iPhone and Android applications offer games to keep your cat entertained, including catching fish or bugs as they appear on screen. See the Get more help section below for more information.